WHAT MAKE MY GO INTO WINTER MODE

1996 Volvo 960

ms1stlady01

December, 25, 2011 AT 2:33 AM

When in winter mode it is sluggish, no power, after driving for awhile it get ok. When it have been setting, when I start it be in winter mode, one spark plug file out, but when I drive it awhile it line out.

DrCranknWrench

December, 25, 2011 AT 3:29 AM

Winter mode must be selected with the mode selection switch. It can be set into Economy and Sport as well. If it went into it on its own the TCM may be at fault.
Have the trouble coes pulled.
Any Advance Auto or Auto zone will do this for free

evolve960

October, 4, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

If it is sluggish in Winter mode it is operating normally,

Winter mode locks the rear differential and instead of starting in 1st or 2nd the transmission locks in 3rd to 4th gear for more torque or less speed, your owners manual explains this,

Eco mode ( start in 1st then shift up)narrow power-band
Sport mode ( starts in 2nd then up shifts) Broad power band for that sportier feel ( spirited is the language they use).

But is does sound like the transmission is in Limp or safety mode. Or there is a issue with the fluid the stick is to the right

evolve960

October, 4, 2012 AT 5:00 PM

And burred under the power brake booster

DrCranknWrench

October, 8, 2012 AT 5:38 PM

Definately check the fluid level as evolve stated and getting the codes checked will tell you if it is in a "limp" or "safety" mode.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230