A/C PRESSURE SWITCH INSTALL

1996 Volkswagen Jetta

jeffnjoni

August, 4, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

Removed /Unscrewed A/C Pressure Switch and tried to screw another one back in. It wont catch the threads to screw the switch back in. Any Ideas? Please help

exovcds

August, 4, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

Wrong switch / thread size / reverse threads?

Will the original switch go back in?

Thomas

jeffnjoni

August, 4, 2012 AT 3:50 AM

No the original switch wont screw back on. I've checked the threads and nothing seems damaged. Its strange. I went to the Junk yard and pulled another off a 1996 VW Jetta and tried, even matched part #'s. Overall, this should be pretty straight forward, right? Screw on, Screw off, but it seems like something is stopping it from going down far enough to catch the threads. Thanks for your response.

exovcds

August, 4, 2012 AT 4:24 AM

I don't work with a/c much. Just read-up a bit.

If you didn't discharge the system before removing the switch, icing will occur as the gas escapes.

This will cause the fitting to seize. Preventing switch installation.

Thomas

jeffnjoni

August, 4, 2012 AT 4:45 AM

Very minimal gas escaped and pressure is still good. The dryer has a schrader valve To prevent The discharge of gas. Thank you very much for your time.

August, 4, 2012 AT 7:15 PM

Pushing a little more as it may have to push in on the schrader to get it started.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic