1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove transmission oil dipstick.
Disconnect throttle valve cable from throttle body.
Raise and support vehicle.
2. Remove transmission oil dipstick tube and "O" ring. Place reference marks flanges on drive shaft(s) for reassembly reference. Remove drive shaft(s). Disconnect shift cable and necessary electrical connectors for transmission removal.
3. Remove starter. On 4WD models, remove front drive shaft bracket. This is the bracket that front drive shaft center bearing assembly was bolted on.
4. On 2WD models, remove lower stiffener plate located between side of
cylinder block and front of transmission.
On 4WD models, remove transmission to cylinder block through bolt located near bottom of transmission.
5. On all models, remove upper stiffener plate located just above
Upper stiffener plate fits between cylinder block and front of transmission.
Remove torque converter bolts.
6. Remove transmission oil cooler pipes and brackets as necessary.
Remove exhaust pipe support bracket located between transmission and
Support transmission with transmission jack.
Remove bolts/nuts from rear transmission mount.
Remove transmission to cylinder block bolts.
Lower transmission from vehicle.
You have to take the stiffener off to reach the torque converter bolts.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 8:11 PM