AFTER 400 KM BUMPY RIDE TWO WEEKS AGO I REALIZED...

1996 Toyota Prado

Anonymous

December, 8, 2012 AT 12:28 PM

After 400 km bumpy ride two weeks ago, I realized the rear shocks started making a cluncky noise when the car is rolling left to right (not when going up and down). The noise seemed to come from the lefthand side mainly. At the Toyota garage the shock bushes were replaced, but the noise remained. All other possible sources of the noises (stabilizer bar bushes, break pads, etc) were checked and proved to be fine. When driving without the shocks, there is no noise. The shocks themselves seem to be fine (not leaking, one of the shocks was replaced earlier this year, so it is still almost new). Do you have any suggestions as to how to proceed to further diagnose the issue?

Sway Bar Bushings

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

December, 8, 2012 AT 7:56 PM

Check the suspension link bushes. You need to pry at them to check for wear.

mvdboogaart

January, 7, 2013 AT 10:02 AM

Where do I find the suspension link bushes that you are referring to on this picture:
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2001_TOYOTA_LAND+CRUISER_KDJ95R-GKMNYW_4804.html

48710, 48720, 48730, and 48740 are suspension links. The bushes are at either end of the links (eg. 48702C.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Replace Tie Rod End