BATTERY WARNING LIGHT

1996 Toyota Corolla

generosity1755

July, 28, 2013 AT 3:34 PM

Recently Put a new battery and alternator 4 days ago because they both failed. Car starts perfectly now but the battery warning light stays on and there is no dash lights, I've also recently visually checked all of my fuses and I'm wondering if I should check them again. This is a 96 Toyota Corolla 1.6 Liter engine. What do I do now to find out what is draining my new battery?Your help will be much appreciated. Gene P.

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

saturntech9

July, 29, 2013 AT 1:36 PM

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

generosity1755

July, 29, 2013 AT 2:19 PM

Yes, saturntech9. And thanks for your quick response.I am not too proficient with it though. Just learning but I'm not a novice. Tell me what to do. Glad you're out there. Generosity1755

saturntech9

July, 29, 2013 AT 4:15 PM

At idle measure the voltage at the battery?Next key in the run position engine off. You should have battery voltage at both white wires and the red wire with a blue stripe?

generosity1755

July, 30, 2013 AT 6:37 AM

I am sorry saturntech9, but where exactly are the 2 white wires and the red wire with blue stripe located?

saturntech9

July, 30, 2013 AT 7:00 AM

I am sorry I forgot to put that part in my sentence its at the alternator. Don't unhook any of the wires when testing them.

generosity1755

August, 2, 2013 AT 3:36 PM

Thanks so much, saturntech9 for all your help and I'm glad you're out there. Was advised by a neighbor to take rebuilt starter back and it fixed the problem.I'm still angry and confused how these things work. But I I thank you for all your advice

saturntech9

August, 2, 2013 AT 7:01 PM

Your welcome glad to hear you found the problemi wanted to check the power inputs before condemning the alternator.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour