MY CAR JERKS WHEN I ACCELERATE

1996 Subaru Legacy

abdullah 2fast2furious

May, 7, 2012 AT 10:40 PM

Hello, I have a Subaru legacy 1996. Whenever I accelerate my car jerks and when ever I pull my foot off from accelerator my car starts to jerk.

djcl

May, 7, 2012 AT 11:51 PM

Is the check engine light on or codes in the computer?

cadieman

May, 8, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

Ck all your motor mounts

abdullah 2fast2furious

May, 8, 2012 AT 6:28 PM

No check engine light is not on but can you tell me something about codes, how to check them and what exactly is motor mounts and where it is?

djcl

May, 9, 2012 AT 7:31 AM

Mounts are rubber blocks used to isolate the engine and transmission from the vibrations. To check engine codes your best bet is to have a repair shop tap into the computer or some shops do it for free.

cadieman

May, 9, 2012 AT 9:40 PM

Most parts stores will do it for free

abdullah 2fast2furious

May, 10, 2012 AT 1:33 PM

Thank you for reply. Yes I have changed mounts both of engine and gear box one.I live in ksa so the codes facility is not available for me, I just want to tell you that even my rpm needle goes up and down I think this is the main problem why my car jerks. I hope you can help me.

cadieman

May, 10, 2012 AT 7:21 PM

Jack it up and check for loose wheels. Push and pull the rim at 9 and 3 oclock. Then at 12 and 6. Watch the steering componates for being loose. Turn the drive wheels back and forth also. Listening for a noise.

djcl

May, 10, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

The jumping spedo may be related to the jerking. You will need a scanner to diagnose this. Might be best to bring it to a trusted repair shop