THE BATTERY DIED AND AFTER I INSTALLED A NEW ONE...

1996 Subaru Legacy

dhamijap

April, 5, 2013 AT 2:20 PM

The battery died and after I installed a new one, the car will not start. The security light is blinking and parking light stays on. If I turn the key all the way right no cranking happens. If I leave the key in and short the starter from 12V+ for few seconds then the car starts and acts normal till I shut it down. Then the cycle starts again. I searched the web and try to find that reset push button under the dash but there is none there. I rather get rid of security if possible or get this car working again. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Paul

April, 5, 2013 AT 4:00 PM

Did you check the fuses?

dhamijap

April, 5, 2013 AT 4:04 PM

Yes all fused in the engine compartment and under the dashboard are fine. I am not sure if there are any others somewhere else. Any particular one should I look for?

April, 5, 2013 AT 5:10 PM

Fuse # 3 underdash and # 25 underhood.

Check for poor ground circuit connections as well.

dhamijap

April, 5, 2013 AT 5:32 PM

I will check them again and take pictures of it and post to make sure I am doing it right. Is that fuse 25 of 45A i.E. SBF-3? And Back-Up No 25 of 15A? I am looking at schematic diagrame. I am awary from the car right now; It may take me 3 hours to get back to the car. Thanks for replying so far. Paul

dhamijap

April, 5, 2013 AT 9:43 PM

I checked all fuses and they are all good. Where is security control module located at if you know it. I do not see it where my manual is telling me.

April, 7, 2013 AT 3:28 AM

The control unit is stated as behind right side of glove box.

dhamijap

April, 9, 2013 AT 2:18 AM

I took the Security control module off. Now what should I do? How do I check which switch is not giving the right signal to security system? I was hoping that there was some kind of reset switch on the security module itself. But there is none. Please help
Paul

April, 9, 2013 AT 3:10 PM

You don't go around unplugging components and hoping it works. You need to perform basic testings and the attached schematics show fuses and relays that you should be checking first.

dhamijap

April, 9, 2013 AT 8:52 PM

What I meant was is it hanging for me to check the voltage etc. As you know it is located at very difficult location. Now I have diagrams from you but I could not read them could you attach them in pdf format. And where do I begin. I will upgrade this question.

April, 10, 2013 AT 3:53 PM

If you click on the diagrams, they would show up better. Print them and you should be able to read. If you are still not able to, I nee an email to send the file.

Start with power supply to the control unit.

Did you try locking all doors and using the key to unlock either the driver or passenger door to deactivate the system?

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement