96 NO DASHLIGHTS -

1996 Pontiac Bonneville

sidney white

November, 9, 2011 AT 7:52 PM

No dash lights, replaced headlight switch, someone said could be the headlight dimmer switch, does that have anything to do with dashlihgts

saturntech9

November, 9, 2011 AT 8:11 PM

Yes it does have you checked the parking light fuse yet and all the other fuses?

sidney white

November, 10, 2011 AT 1:52 AM

I checked all fuses, & I have one parking light that works the others probley needs bulbs. Something strange ichecked the fuses with a meter put one prong on one fuse & another on another fuse& the meter went all the way up, is this normal?Wite this dashlight, may be bcm, or lamp monitor, dont know were anything is, is there a book that tells you, tried libary, no help

saturntech9

November, 10, 2011 AT 4:00 AM

Both sides of the fuse should have battery voltage have you checked to see if the dimmer switch is turned all the way down?

sidney white

November, 10, 2011 AT 5:32 PM

I turned the dimmer on the headlight switch itself & nothing, how about the dimmer switch by the ignition switch that turns the lights from bright to dim, could this be a problem

saturntech9

November, 10, 2011 AT 5:38 PM

The actual dimmer switch is the one that turns the lights from bright to dim. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

sidney white

November, 10, 2011 AT 5:48 PM

I have a volt meter, if thats not it, tell me what I need and will get it

saturntech9

November, 10, 2011 AT 9:42 PM

Does it also measure ohms?

sidney white

November, 10, 2011 AT 10:32 PM

saturntech9

November, 11, 2011 AT 2:24 AM

So the gear shifter indicator radio ac controls back lights all work?Is the whole cluster out or juat part of it?

sidney white

November, 11, 2011 AT 2:37 AM

Everything works except the interior lights stay on all the time pulled fuse for that, it was like that before the dashlight problem & when I pull the fuse 6c for parking lights the bell keeps dinging with no keys in ignition till I shut the door, the cluster is still in should I pull it next

Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini