ALL MY WARNING LIGHTS COME ON AND I LOOSE TEMP ...

1996 Oldsmobile Achieva

edstobart

December, 3, 2012 AT 6:19 PM

All my warning lights come on and I loose temp gauge and tach.

Temp Gauge

December, 3, 2012 AT 6:46 PM

Have someone with a scan tool check the cluster for operation. It may be a cluster failure. The odds of all those systems failing at the same time are minimal.

edstobart

December, 3, 2012 AT 7:09 PM

I have had the cluster remanufactured by a GM dealership twice and they replaced the ECM and gave up on it. After giving me a huge bill. I'm betting on a ground issue but I'm no expert.

December, 3, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

Very possible. One ground that is an issue is the one on the bell housing of the trans. Check it.

edstobart

December, 3, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

I will ck it tonight.

edstobart

December, 4, 2012 AT 12:23 PM

OK I loosened, cleaned, and tightened every ground inside and out and under the car. Sometimes takes a week for the thing to act up after it resets over night. Will let you know. Thanks

edstobart

December, 13, 2012 AT 7:53 PM

Still no good. I put a direct reading temp gauge on it so at least we can drive it with or without the idiot lights acting up. I can hear a clicking noise in the dash when the lights come on or go off. Sounds like a relay or solenoid.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer