WHY MY SUPER SALOON RPM GOES UP AND DOWN

1996 Nissan Sentra

Edzelle

September, 19, 2012 AT 2:11 PM

My battery is empty because the alternator is not working after I change my battery and the alternator the rpm goes up and down.

September, 19, 2012 AT 2:44 PM

When battery is disconnected, the engine computer needs to relearn and during this period, you might have performance and idling issues. A little driving should solve the problem but if the alternaotr is bad, it is not going to work.

Edzelle

September, 20, 2012 AT 8:00 AM

I buy a new battery and 2nd hand alternator(the alternator is working) after that my rpm goes up and down sometimes the RPM is working after a few seconds it goes up and down again."Is theres a problem in the computer box, rpm sensor, hose or wirings?"Tnx sir

September, 20, 2012 AT 9:04 AM

Let the computer relearn by going for a drive around. It might take a while before it relearns and during this period it can act funny while idling.

Lets start with this first if problem was not there previously.

Ig the Maklfunction Indicator light is showing, get a free scan done at parts stores and let us know the EXACt trouble code.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Clean Idle Air Control Ford Super Duty 5.4L
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro