I HAVE A 96 MISTUBISHI 3000GT THAT MISFIRES AND ...

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Jereme. L

October, 22, 2012 AT 11:30 PM

I have a 96 mistubishi 3000gt that misfires and backfires, it started with a hesitation and then It developed a miss on cylinder 2 I replaced the sparkplugs and wires that didn't solve it so I swaped the injector and ran a compression test, all cylinders are in spec, flushed the oil, replaced fuel filter, and checked the coil and its still good, so I have compression fuel and spark but cylinder 2 is still dead can anyone help me? And my fuel trim is +12% on both banks

Compression Test

1 IMAGE

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:09 AM

I have compression fuel and spark but cylinder 2 is still dead-Compression readings are they all within 10 from highest-I'm thinking burned exhaust valve at no.2-

You might want to inspect/test the camshaft/crankshaft position sensors and wiring back to the computer

Camshaft Position Sensor (SOHC) (1996 ) Inside distributor assembly.
Crankshaft Position Sensor (DOHC )On vibration damper.
Crankshaft Position Sensor (SOHC) (1996)On vibration damper

Jereme. L

October, 23, 2012 AT 1:10 AM

The valves do have some more carbon buildup then the rest of them, how do u test the crank sensor I have the DOHC 3.0 non-turbo, and what are the little port holes in the lower intake runner tubes all have a clean spot around this little port except cylinder 2?

October, 23, 2012 AT 2:02 AM

Inspect/Test no.2 cylinder injector solenoid resistance

Jereme. L

October, 23, 2012 AT 2:58 AM

Tested the injector all have 15 Ohms of resistance. Spec is 15-17 Ohms and also just checked timing and it's still In time

October, 23, 2012 AT 3:41 AM

What are the little port holes in the lower intake runner tubes all have a clean spot around this little port except cylinder 2- investigate why? And also inspect the CPS

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Replacing Head Gasket
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota