NO CONNECTION TO COMPUTER , UNDER DASH OR UNDER HOOD.

• dans benz
  • 1996 Mercedes Benz 280
  • 162 miles

Jumper started a car, a few weeks later started loosing power on freeway and began to run rough, let it sit a few days went to start it and battery was dead. Put charger on it fired it up and car ran smooth. A few weeks later my speedo went and my abs, asr and brakes low lights went on. Tried to get codes. No read out says no connection. Check fuses under hood, all ok. Need help. Will another computer from same model and same #s on computer work? Does it need to get programmed? Or just disconnect batt, and replace computer?

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 11:53 PM

• rasmataz

Have the electrical system checked for a short circuit and also the charging system checked-it takes about 11volts or higher to power the computer to effectively operate accordingly- put a hold on a replacement computer

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 AT 12:07 AM
  • dans benz

Charging system good, never had a problem with it. Had it checked. Car runs great, but I gotta find out if the other computer will and does it have to be programmed or just change it.

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 AT 12:43 AM
  • rasmataz

Computer, it depends as you wish

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 AT 1:01 AM