IT STEAMS AND I SMELL ANTIFREEZE

1996 Mazda MX3

nev_summer

November, 4, 2011 AT 6:21 PM

It 1.6 l 4cy I don't see any holes or leaks but there is steam and I am losing antifreeze. I first though it was a gasket but hoping it isn't the steam is coming from under the fuel injectors on the driver side I cant pin point it down cause it doesn't leak out fast it just steam its not over heating yet but when I run it there is antifreeze near the top left of the motor and near the driver side fuel injector

nev_summer

November, 4, 2011 AT 7:00 PM

I just checked the hoses and no leaks but theres a lots of fluid under the thermostat im guessing that its a thermostat or the seal from the thermostat

hmac300

November, 4, 2011 AT 7:46 PM

Well that would be a gasket and if it hits a hot engine it will produce steam. But to be sure have the head gasket checked for leakage.

nev_summer

November, 7, 2011 AT 9:46 PM

I dont see any leaks by the gasket found a hose from the heater core that has a tiny hole and fix it but there is still abit of steam not as much but it looks like it coming from the heater hose junction in that area

hmac300

November, 7, 2011 AT 11:17 PM

Have it pressure checked, it will show any leaks or should.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replacing Head Gasket
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300