HEATER HOSE UNDER INTAKE MANIFOLD

1996 Lincoln Town Car

aftaylor

August, 28, 2013 AT 6:28 AM

The hose under the intake manifold is leaking. I disconnected the end that connects to the back of the water pump but cant disconnect the other end. Ave tried using a wrench to screw it off, a blow dryer to heat it up and pull it off, its too thick to cut and nothing is working. Is there a way to get the metal clamp off the other end of the hose and just replace the hose or do I have to replace the whole assembly like?

Wrenchtech

August, 28, 2013 AT 7:14 AM

You need to remove the intake manifold. Make real sure that it's not the manifold itself leaking. That is very common.

aftaylor

August, 28, 2013 AT 7:21 AM

Ive already taken the manifold off. The hose part of the assembly is busted, I saw the hose leaking before I took the manifold off. I want to know if there is a way to just replace the hose or do I have to replace the whole assembly because I cant get the other end of the hose off the assembly because of the type of clamp that's on it.

Wrenchtech

August, 28, 2013 AT 7:36 AM

It uses a crimp fitting on the pipe and is sold as a whole unit. You can cut the crimp off the a cut off wheel but it's more reliable to replace it with the assembly.

aftaylor

August, 28, 2013 AT 7:48 AM

Is it possible to replace the whole line with just a heater hose?

Wrenchtech

August, 28, 2013 AT 7:54 AM

No, don't do that.

aftaylor

August, 28, 2013 AT 7:55 AM

Ok thanks for your help

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang