WILL I HAVE A PROBLEM INSTALLING A 95 3.2 WHICH WAS AUTO INTO MY 96 WITH A BLOWN 3.2 AND 5 SPEED 4X4

1996 Isuzu Rodeo

Hu Don

June, 9, 2012 AT 11:59 AM

I bought the motor thinking there shouldnt be a problem at all, but saw some mention about different cranks which wont read with the wiring, do to the hrsp increase in 96. Either way im going for it at this point but sure would be nice to know if im going to waist $300 on a new clutch if I have to tow it anyways

4 Wheel Drive

1 ANSWER

DrCranknWrench

June, 9, 2012 AT 5:28 PM

You can try going to www. Rywires. Com or www. Swapshop. Com or its swapshopracing, I forget. They modify wiring harnesses for engine swaps. The guys at the swap shop are your best bet. You might need a new ECU or at least have yours re-programmed as well. If the cranks are different, make sure the oil pan will work with the sub frame and clear it. Also check the bolt patterne for the flywheel.
If you can find an owner's enthuisast forum online, you will get a lot of good information as that is where you wil find people who have done mods. You can also post and ask your questions there too.

June, 9, 2012 AT 8:28 PM

The SOHC engine for both years are the same so there would be no problem if you are only using the engine and not converting to automatic.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz