Idle

WHATTHEHECK62
  • 1996 ISUZU RODEO
Enter your question.I have a 1996 isuzu rodeo, v6. The car starts but will not idle and dies as soon as I take my foot off the gas, any help is greatly appreciated.
Friday, March 18th, 2011 AT 3:11 PM

Check the idle air control valve and the EGR/PCV valves, throttle position sensor and the airflow meter-start here
+1
Friday, March 18th, 2011 AT 6:22 PM
KELLY TAYLOR
I have an a Isuzu rodeo 2002 3.2 L that I replace the EGR valve on for the second time and now it will crank but it will not stay running and they re telling me it s a wiring harness I can t find a wiring harness for one thing but we also believe it s the idle air control valve does anybody have any suggestions cause I m at a loss I replaced every part on this car trying to keep it running
Sunday, November 19th, 2017 AT 1:33 AM
If the engine is properly tunes, getting proper fuel pressure, there are no vacuum leaks. Chances are it is the idle air control valve. That is what is responsible for maintaining idle speed.
Sunday, November 19th, 2017 AT 6:02 PM
After thought. Make sure the throttle plate is clean and not carboned up in the throttle body.
Monday, November 20th, 2017 AT 5:46 PM