MY CAR RECENTLY SHUT OFF ON ME REPLACED THE ...

1996 Isuzu Rodeo

Tommigirl1

December, 10, 2012 AT 7:17 PM

My car recently shut off on me, Replaced the Starter the battery, alternator, valve cover gasket, egr valve, fuel pump, fuel filter, new spark plugs, It will start and up for a few seconds and then shuts back off. Any suggestions

Egr Valve

December, 10, 2012 AT 9:02 PM

Is the Malfunction Indicator Light showing and have you checked for trouble codes?

Were the replacement of parts because of the problem or was it maintenance repairs?

Tommigirl1

December, 11, 2012 AT 6:31 PM

No the only light that appeared was the check engine light. And replacement of the parts were all in "hopes" that maybe thats what it was. Recently changed because of this issue were the fuel pump and fuel filter and the spark plugs. I'm thinking Im going to have to just get it towed to an auto parts store for a diagnostic scan. And the battery seems to be loosing power, I don't know if that is the cause or what. But I find myself having to jump my battery to get it to even turn on and then it just shuts off a few seconds later. Any suggestions I'm at a lost

December, 12, 2012 AT 8:45 PM

When the Check Engine Light (Malfunction Indicator Light) comes on, it means an error has been detected and the code would give an indication what circuit/component is malfunctioning.

Hope is an expensive way of trying to solve problems and it can turn into despair when it does not work out.

Get the trouble code and let me know what it is. Most part stores provides free scaning services.

renegade65

Ignition coil or ICM ignition control module