Why doesn't my car turn on?

NIMZAY_02
  • 1996 INFINITI Q45

Recently, I was driving my car, and it was running just fine until it ran out of gas and turned off. I put gas and it still wouldn't turn on, I even tried switching the battery with a fully functioning one to see if it might have been the battery, but still wouldn't start. Also, I replaced the fuel pump and can hear the fuel pump when I try to turn the car on, but feels like no gas is going through. I also checked the fuel filter but no gunk came out so I figure its not that. Also, the car makes a small clicking noise between the filter and battery. I'm not sure if this matters but the security light doesn't turn off, it stays on the whole time. When I step on the gas pedal it feels hard, and there seems to be a hose that is disconnected from somewhere not sure were it goes, but its right next to the engine.

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 5:37 PM

SATURNTECH9

You have to check the fuel pressure with a fuel gauge to rule out fuel pressure as the problem. Not just try to feel for fuel pressure.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 5:57 PM
NIMZAY_02

Oh Ok, sorry I don't know much about cars, I just watch my friends and ask questions, so I am still learning. Once I do that, what exactly am I looking for?

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 6:07 PM
SATURNTECH9

So your security light stays on?The engine will crank over but not start?Also have you checked for codes?

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 6:21 PM
NIMZAY_02

Yes it does. No I haven't checked for codes.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 2:53 PM
SATURNTECH9

So you havent checked for codes can you get a code reader and see if you have any?Also the security light is on?The engine will crank over but just wont start?Also have you checked your fuel pressure yet?You need to post mre detailed answers. Like yes or no the security light is on. Yes or no the engine turns over and wont start etc.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 4:03 PM