ABS LIGHT ON AFTER WARM UP

1996 Infiniti G20

acurals87

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:07 AM

When I start car the abs light shuts off after its on for a moment the abs light turns on sometimes its after im driving. And sometimes when im idling. What could this be?

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:16 AM

Have the computer scanned for code/s -start here-could be a wheel sensor problem

acurals87

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:28 PM

Ok can I use a normal obd2 scanner or is it a scanner made specifically for the abs system? I have an obd2 scanner.

acurals87

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:30 PM

Thank you for your help aswell! I appreciate it!

Wrenchtech

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:38 PM

ABS specifically

acurals87

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:38 PM

I'll have it scanned tonight. But one thing I noticed is the negative battery terminal doesn't connect snug on the negative of the battery. Even when fully tightened. I have heard of bad grounds causing the abs light to come on is this a possible cause?

Wrenchtech

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:40 PM

Fix it and find out. Once you disconnect the battery you will have to wait for the light to come back on to read codes though.

acurals87

February, 16, 2012 AT 2:46 PM

Ok makes sense. The code comes on pretty quick after driving. Ill fix that today should be real easy fix there. And ill take it for a spin. If it comes on. Ill go straight to the shop. Thank you again.

ABS Computer Replacement
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Brake Light Bulb Replacement