MOTOR SWAP IS NOW CAUSING SOME PROBLEMS

1996 Honda Civic

bramsey660

December, 26, 2011 AT 9:55 AM

I have a 96 honda civic hx and performed a motor swap to a 99 civic SI b16a2 head with a b18c1 block out of a 00 acura integra GSR an I'm using the stock HX engine harness with a obd2a to obd1 ecu harness I'm getting CEL code 3 for manifold absolute pressure sensor MAP and code 4 Crank shaft position sensor CKP I already disassemble the distributor and replaced all the guts being TDC, CYP, and CKP sensor. I backed probed the wires and the CKP sensor and MAP are within specs replaced map nothing changed it ran perfect last night then the next mourning went to start and had to give a little gas idles rough and low idle if it doesn't die when u put it under a load its like the ecu is in limp mode real boggesh. Under acceleration and its like the Rev limiter is at 3500 its running rich BC of the MAP and CKP sensor not sending signals to the ECU I've tried everything please any help out there getting frustrated. Thanks Brandon R.

December, 26, 2011 AT 11:07 AM

When faults are present, the ECU would limit the revving.

Have you followed the procedures for rectifying the 2 trouble codes? Have you plugged in a scan tool to monitor both sensors?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz