1996 HONDA ACCORD AXLES

• zemorzemor
  • 1996 Honda Accord

HI Sir
i noticed today that the driver side axle shaft (the longest one) is bent is this normal and there is a play when I move up and down the inner joint the one that enter in the transmission is this normal too if not can you tell me what could bent the axles shaft and what causes the play in the inner joint is it a transmission bearing problem or a axles problem

Thank you

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 AT 4:51 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

If the axle was bent, you would have a bad vibration when driving. As far as the play, is it coming from the CV joint?

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 AT 9:42 PM
  • zemorzemor

There is a play in the inner cv joint when I m underneath the car an push the cv joint up and down also when I turn the wheels by hands forward and backward there is a play

Sunday, August 4th, 2013 AT 8:53 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

If the play is in the CV joint, it sounds like it is in need of replacement.

Sunday, August 4th, 2013 AT 10:31 AM
  • zemorzemor

What can causes a humming sound when only put car in gear.I jacked up the the front car and put car in gear when I push gas pedal the wheel turns and hear humming sound coming from the engine. The transmission fluid is red color and in level.I checked the power steering pump, the alternator and the distributor the sound is not coming from there and I checked the wheel bearing too I used the screwdriver to hear if there is any noise nothing. What could be the source of noise

Sunday, August 4th, 2013 AT 1:58 PM
  • zemorzemor

This is a update
I drove the car in the freeway and there is that humming noise I put the car in neutral and still the humming noise was there

Sunday, August 4th, 2013 AT 3:54 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Does the sound change when making turns?

Thursday, August 8th, 2013 AT 6:22 PM