GDAY GENTLEMENI HAVE ONE PROBLEM WITH MY GEO ...

1996 Geo Prizm

upnatom

December, 25, 2012 AT 4:51 AM

G-day Gentlemen,
I have one problem with my GEO Prizm(corolla) and that is high RPM idle! You guys may be my last hope of solving this issue because I have already had other techs attempt to solve it.
The 96 Prizm has the 1, 6 corolla engine with automatic trans, 81k
one owner miles.
Fresh tune up including correct plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor, PCV, coolant flushed, oil change, new idle control valve.
Cold engine start has 1600rpm full operating temp 1400rpm.
Engine has no ping, no stall or stuttter, runs like a banshee.
PLEASE. HOW CAN I LOWER THE IDLE.
Thanks, Clay

4.2 Pinging

December, 25, 2012 AT 2:47 PM

POSSIBLE VACUUM LEAK?

upnatom

December, 25, 2012 AT 4:00 PM

CJ, thanks for your reply. Vacuum leak was first item checked. Thourghly. No check engine light is on and has not been.
Some THING is pulling the throttle plate slightly open. And it is not the solenoid for the A/C. Egr checks out good.
Clay?

December, 25, 2012 AT 6:13 PM

MAYBE WASH THE FRONT AND BACKSIDE OF THE THROTTLE PLATE WITH THROTTLE BODY CLEANER?

HOW 'BOUT DOING THE SAME FOR THE UNDERSIDE OF THIS?

NEVER MESSED WITH ONE LIKE IT......CAN YOU REMOVE IT AND CLEAN IT?

I'M MORE OF A "REAL" AND TRADITIONAL JEEP KINDA GUY---WE NEVER HAVE THESE SORTA WILD ISSUES----MOSTLY CUT AND DRY---WE ARE THE COMPUTER FOR OUR VEHICLE---IT IS NOT IN CONTROL OF US.....LOL.......BUT TRUE!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_idle-air-control-valve-bwd-intermotor_18481644-p?searchTerm=iac

MY EXPERIENCE WITH A SIMILAR DEVICE----MAYBE A LOVE TAP WOULD MAKE A SLIGHT CHANGE AND VERIFY THIS BEING THE PRBLEM?

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2005-ford-escape-rough-idle-at-low-rpm

KEEP US CURRENT

Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD