I HAD MY EGR PRESSURE SENSOR CHANGED

1996 Ford Taurus

letmhitit

December, 24, 2011 AT 1:13 AM

I had the EGR pressure senor replaced and had to replace some of the small hoses aroung the EGR pressure sensor. Yet it still is slow at picking up speed and and backfires, sometimes it runs just fine. Not sure If I routed the hoses correct, but my car still has the same problem before I changed the EGR pressure sensor. I had my EGR pressure senor changed on my 1996 ford taurus, yet it still is slow at picking up speed, you have to press the gas pedal all the way down and and the car backfires, sometimes it runs just fine. This started happening when I ran out of gas one day.

hmac300

December, 24, 2011 AT 1:25 AM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

letmhitit

December, 24, 2011 AT 1:56 AM

I checked for codes and it came back that I needed to change the EGR pressure senor or oxygen senor. About 5 months ago I had the spark plug, spark plug wires altanator, battery, fuel pump changed.

hmac300

December, 24, 2011 AT 2:57 PM

It woldn't read the egr sensor or o2 sensor its' on eor t he other. Which neither will prevent it from starting. Check the fuel pressure. 28-50 with engine idling or 35-45 with key on engine off. If its' lower than that then you need the fuelpump replaced as well as filter.

Replace EGR Valve Sensor