MY TIMING BELT SNAPPED A WEEK AGO AND LOST FUEL ...

1996 Ford Probe

Gtstreets

My timing belt snapped a week ago and lost fuel to my car and it wouldn't crank. A friend of mine and I changed the timing belt and made sure the timing was correct, the car is cranking now but it still wont start. I recently replaced the starter, distributor, and one crankshaft sensor. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

caradiodoc

Please include the engine size when asking an engine-related question. In this case there's only two available, and both are "interference" engines. The open valves got hit by the pistons as they coasted to a stop and became bent. You can verify that with a compression test. You'll need to remove the cylinder head to replace the bent valves.

94fordprobegt

March, 20, 2014 AT 1:22 AM

Fuel cutoff switch under the carpet on the driver side in the trunk needs switched back on all you do is press the red button it worked for my 94 probe gt. I promise that's the problem.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement BMW 525i