96 ford explorer fuel pump where is it located
how to fix?
have the same problem?
Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 10:50 PM
1. Depressurize the fuel system and remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
2. Remove any dirt that has accumulated around the fuel pump attaching flange, to prevent it from entering the tank during service.
3. Turn the fuel pump locking ring counterclockwise using a locking ring removal tool and remove the locking ring.
4. Remove the fuel pump and bracket assembly.
5. Remove the seal gasket and discard it.
6. Put a light coating of heavy grease on a new seal ring to hold it in place during assembly. Install it in fuel tank ring groove.
1. Insert the fuel pump assembly into the fuel tank, then secure it in place with the locking ring. Tighten the ring until secure.
2. Install the tank in the vehicle.
3. Install a minimum of 10 gallons of fuel and check for leaks.
4. Install a pressure gauge on the throttle body valve and turn the ignition ON for 3 seconds. Turn the key OFF, then repeat the key cycle five to ten times until the pressure gauge shows at least 30 psi. Reinspect for leaks at the fittings.
5. Remove the pressure gauge. Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.