• Tiny
  • Anonymous
  • 1996 Ford E-Series Van
  • 116,000 miles

It is a superior conversion van. Last fall coolant started leaking I thought from the radiator. I left it till now. When I started it up water was leaking under the drivers seat and half way back under the drivers side. There are two hard lines, that are rubber connectors sections in areas where they bend. There is some kind of small block half back on drivers side[ under side] with what looks llike wrap heating hoses. The leak under the drivers seat is from where the hoses connect from had [metal] hoses to rubber and they disappear up to the upper part of the engine. This is where I loose trracking them. When my ac and blower is on the connections are leaking. What do these lines do. Where are they running to in the rear. What are they called? It seems like its connected to the radiator, but where.

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 AT 9:15 PM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • ASEMaster6371
  • Expert
  • 25,556 posts

You have rear heat so you need a source of heat.

They connect to the heater hoses, heater core and run back


Was this
Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 AT 12:08 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.