Under the timing belt cover.
1. Raise and support vehicle and remove right inner splash shield.
2. Remove accessory drive belts and power steering pump.
3. Drain coolant into a suitable container.
4. Support engine from bottom and remove right engine mount.
5. Remove power steering pump bracket attaching bolts and set pump and bracket assembly aside. Power steering lines do not need to be disconnected.
6. Remove right engine mount bracket.
7. Remove timing belt.
8. Remove inner timing belt cover.
9. Remove water pump attaching bolts, then the water pump.
10. Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
1. Install new O-ring gasket in water pump body O-ring groove.
2. Tighten water pump mounting bolts to specifications.
3. Fill and bleed cooling system as necessary.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 AT 3:35 AM