FUEL INJECTORS ONLY SPRAY ONCE WHEN CRANKING

1996 Dodge Stratus

mattkniceley

June, 29, 2012 AT 3:38 AM

I have a 96 stratus it died one day I replaced the crank and cam sensor it started rough and and then ran fine for 20 mins and then died wasn t getting spark I replaced the coil both cumputers spark plugs then it started rough and ran rough I started pumping the gas pedal it seem to run better then died then didn t want to srart back I pulled the injectors to see if they where working they would spray once when cranking the motor then would not spary again please help don t have access to a scan tool and I canjust keep thowing money at it PLEASE HELP

caradiodoc

June, 29, 2012 AT 4:11 AM

Please list the engine size when you have an engine running problem.

mattkniceley

June, 29, 2012 AT 4:15 AM

2.4 dohc

caradiodoc

June, 29, 2012 AT 5:52 AM

Is the Check Engine light on? Do you know how to check for fault codes? Those will get you into the circuit with the problem. Chrysler makes reading them very easy by cycling the ignition switch from "off" to "run" three times within five seconds, then watch the code numbers in the odometer display or count the flashes of the Check Engine light. Check for those and holler back with the numbers.

mikederouin88

June, 29, 2012 AT 10:22 AM

Sounds like a crank and or cam sensor was installed wrong. Those sensors on that car are supposed to gap themselves on the first crank. Was there paper or cardboard on the end of the sensors?

caradiodoc

June, 29, 2012 AT 7:11 PM

This is a newer design crank sensor. It doesn't use or need the paper spacer. Also, the problem started before the sensors were replaced and remained the same after.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Fuel Pump Replacement