WIRING DIAGRAM

• Kken123
  • 1996 DODGE RAM

Need a wiring diagram for this dodge

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 5:07 PM

• Wrenchtech

Diagram of what. There are a hundred different circuits and a different diagram for each one.

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 5:11 PM
  • Kken123

Engine wiring diagram

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 5:22 PM
  • Wrenchtech

Still wrong. Diagrams are by circuits, not areas of the truck. What are you trying to fix?

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 5:56 PM
  • Kken123

I need to trace down a wire that is hot wire ground to the frame or body on a 1996 dodge ram 5.2 liter, So I need a wiring diagram that shows me all the wires and where they go to.

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 6:49 PM
  • JDL

I'm not trying to argue, you can't run a hot-wire straight to ground. It won't work. If you think there is a faulty ground, then, ground for what?

Mitchel and alldata have about all the wiring info you could want. You can buy a subscription for a small yearly fee, one vehicle. It is well worth the cost.

Some of the large libraries carry automotive databases. If you live in an area they serve, I believe you can access one of their automotive databases on your home computer for free. If you don't live in an area they serve, You can buy access for a small yearly fee.

We are just trying to help, if you can narrow the issue down, just a little?

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 7:58 PM
  • Caradiodoc

Do you mean a hot wire is grounded and blowing a fuse? Which fuse? Which circuit isn't working? What color wire? In effect what you're asking is you want a road map but you're not explaining where you're going or how you want to get there. Wrenchtech will post the correct diagram if he can figure out which circuit you're working on. There are over 200 pages of diagrams in the paper service manual. Very often we can direct you through the steps to solve a problem over the course of a half dozen replies with your test results posted in between. Otherwise you'll be better off visiting the dealer for the order form to buy the manufacturer's service manual directly. You can also buy short-term access to Mitchel On-Demand but diagrams on a computer are harder to follow than on paper, and Chrysler diagrams are about the hardest to follow to begin with, especially if you're not familiar with their page numbering system.

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 8:01 PM