ENGINE WILL CRANK AND ONLY ATTEMPT TO START AT WOT

1996 Dodge Intrepid

BAILEY79

April, 28, 2011 AT 8:48 PM

IT SEEMS AFTER REPLACING THE FUEL PUMP THE CRANK POS SENSOR THE EGRV AND SOLONOID ALONG WITH ALL THE PLUGS AND WIRES AND TIGHTENED THE UPPER PLENUM WITH NEW UPPER AND LOWER GASKETS I STILL HAVBE A NO START SITUATION WITH NO CODES AND NO CLUE ANY ADVICE OR SEVICE POST THAT MAY LEAD ME IN THE WRITE DIRECTION

Docfixit

April, 28, 2011 AT 8:51 PM

Has timing belt been checked

BAILEY79

April, 28, 2011 AT 9:01 PM

YES IT IS IN TIME

Docfixit

April, 28, 2011 AT 9:04 PM

Spark to plugs? If yes Spray carb cleaner into intake crank does it fire? If yes check fuel preessure can hear pump prime up?

BAILEY79

April, 28, 2011 AT 9:50 PM

YES I HAVE SPARK AND FUEL. BUT I STILL HAVE A NO START

BAILEY79

April, 28, 2011 AT 9:56 PM

IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL IF THE ENGINE IS IN THEFT MODE

caradiodoc

April, 30, 2011 AT 4:28 AM

If it's in theft mode the engine will start and run for about two seconds. It will do that each time you try to start it as long as you turn the ignition switch all the way back to "off" first.

Does your car have the factory-installed anti-theft system? If it does, try unlocking the two front doors with the key. If that only works from the passenger door, check for broken wires between the driver's door hinges.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test