I HAVE PUT IN NEW BATTER NEW ALTERNATOR NEW ...

1996 Chrysler Cirrus

DrAMP14

February, 6, 2013 AT 3:43 PM

I have put in new batter, new alternator, new bolts for the battery and wire brushed every darn connection and my battery light still comes on and lights will dim in and out. I'm at a loss, what's wrong with this car?

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

February, 6, 2013 AT 4:06 PM

Use a digital multimeter and check charging system. Any applicable trouble codes?

February, 6, 2013 AT 4:12 PM

Just to add, you should be able to check mil codes, yourself. You turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further, cycle the key on--off, on--off, on. Then the mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes. Let us know.

DrAMP14

February, 6, 2013 AT 4:59 PM

I never got no flash, started the car up and the light came on again and after a lil bit of running, the radio starts to cut out and everything. Charging system is new, as of this mornin, alternator is putting out 11v. Something is preventing it from its full potential it seems . Battery is a few days old

February, 6, 2013 AT 5:32 PM

Do you have a code reader? It connects to your datalink connector. Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free. I checked two different databases, they both gave the procedure to check mil codes. Could be problem with instrument cluster--wiring circuit--computer. I hate to see you throw parts at it. That 11 volts is no good, should be 13--15 volts for the charging system. The pcm uses input from battery temp sensor, I cant say that sensor is faulty?

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz