OK WHEN I REVERSE AND THEN PUT MY TRUCK IN DRIVE...

1996 Chevrolet Suburban

gmarcos74

February, 6, 2013 AT 3:59 PM

Ok, When I reverse and then put my truck in drive my brake light goes on and my brake pedal goes down to the floor. It is fine after I pump the pedal and the light goes off. The pedal has a great feel after that. But as soon as I reverse it happens again. I already had a mechanic check it and he had me replace the Master cylinder and rear brake shoes. But it still does the same, I think my mechanic ( he is old school, used to work on pre 1972 trucks) might not know that much about bleeding the abs system. Would this be causing it. Please let me know

gmarcos74

February, 6, 2013 AT 4:13 PM

Also, when driving forward there is a slight rubbing noise from the right rear that goes away when I press on the brake pedal.

hmac300

February, 6, 2013 AT 4:27 PM

Have your brakes checked it sounds like you may have either air in system or a bad master cylinder. Also there is a valve in the abs that you need a scanner to activate it and it can take up to 3qts of fluid to bleed the system and that may be the problem the valve isn't working right. If the abs light is on then you have a code set and a scanner can see what the problem is.

hmac300

February, 6, 2013 AT 4:28 PM

The rubbing noise may be rust or rotor hitting backing plate

gmarcos74

February, 6, 2013 AT 4:39 PM

Awesome Thanks

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front