STRONG SOUND COMING FROM FUEL PUMP AND CARBON SMELL INSIDE THE CAR DURING RUNNING.

1996 Chevrolet Caprice

manny diaz

During the ignition of my car, there is a strong sound coming from the fuel pump. I replaced the fule pump twice in a year and I know that this is not normal. When I bring it to mechanic for repair, they just simply change the fuel pump and change it by new one. The fuel pump is very noisy and I know that after a week, it will will not run again and I have to buy new one. Why it is become noisy after a week thwy change it. What is the cause of this noise. Should I have to change the fuel hose or what. Another question is why I smell the gasoline inside my car when it it running? Please help me to solve my problem because I loosing a lot of money for that fuel pump.

Thank you so much.

hmac300

Check the siring to the fuel pump. The siring inside the tank is fargile and can cause the problem you are having, especially if they have never changed it. If you smeel gas while running check for a fuel leak or the cannister purge not working correctly.

manny diaz

Where is that siring and where I can find it and whwre is the location of cannister purge? Thanks a lot for your answer.

hmac300

Wow did I mess up on that one lol. It's the wiring to the fuel pump. It's inside the tank and the wires are very fine. The cannister purge is by the fuel tank.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe