CHEVY MY TEMP GAUGE

1996 Chevrolet Caprice

Caprice_super_sport

November, 10, 2009 AT 8:36 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1996 Chevy Caprice V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 83788 miles

I just bought a 96 Caprice SS. Which is a Caprice with a corvette motor. I drove it about 275 miles now and the hand on the heater gauge stays near the " H" but it doesn't smell like it's overheating or nothing. Do I need to put some coolant in it even though it's not overheating? What should I do?

Temp Gauge

kevinloken

November, 26, 2009 AT 2:23 PM

But I my car was doing the same thing and all it was is that I didnt have enough antifreeze rad or it could possibly an air bubble also check both and see

MRTOO

December, 9, 2011 AT 8:38 PM

Yes how are you, I have a 1996 caprice classic the temp gauge isn't work, it lays flat to cold all day. I bought and installed a new temp switch in the block reconnected the wire and still nothing. Also I have a wire that looks just like the one connected to the temp switch not connected to anything, its up by the firewall on the passengers side of the car (under hood)could this be the wire I need connected and where does it go? Thank you

December, 9, 2011 AT 8:51 PM

Connect that wire that's diconnected and go test the coolant tmeprature sensor-

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser