RECENT LACK OF POWER

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

brensgirl

March, 26, 2014 AT 8:08 PM

Just this past weekend, i've noticed a lack of power at stops. When I go to accelerate, the blazer doesn't seem like its getting gas, and wants to stall, but with a bit of hesitation, it goes.
Just today driving to work I've noticed the blazer shaking badly from time to time, almost like I have a misfire. (Over the past year, the blazer has been tuned up, and every 3000 miles gets an oil change.) This week I cleaned the throttle body and MAF filter out, thinking this was the issue, but nothing has changed, just progressively getting worse seems like from day to day.

knowledge is power

March, 27, 2014 AT 4:05 AM

When you did the tune up did you replace the wires also? It could also be a coil pack or the ignition control module which is just a fancy term for the little flat computer under the coil packs. The packs plug into prongs that corrode so you can check for that before replacement. But don't think that just because plugs are only a year old they won't fail

brensgirl

March, 27, 2014 AT 6:01 AM

With the tune up I replaced the wires, plugs, rotor, cap, and distributor. I threw a bottle of fuel stabilizer in last night and it didn't act up for me on my way home from work. I don't believe this is a fix but I'm going to check the igm and put it on the scanner to see if any codes pop up.

knowledge is power

March, 27, 2014 AT 6:32 AM

Let me know what you find out

brensgirl

March, 27, 2014 AT 1:10 PM

MAF/VAF ckt range/perf
System too weak bank 1 & 2

knowledge is power

March, 27, 2014 AT 3:59 PM

Sounds like the MAF is going bad and thatll cause the lean condition in both banks. Id replace the MAF but inspect the plug and wires for damage first

brensgirl

March, 27, 2014 AT 5:57 PM

Thanks. Will do. Everything else checks out, cleared the codes, no issues driving, got it back on the scanner, no codes. Thanks again for your expertise. : -)

knowledge is power

March, 29, 2014 AT 1:03 AM

You're so welcome. Glad I could help

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right