ENGINE CRANKS BUT WONT START HAS BEEN SITTING FOR 3 WEEKS RAN FINE WHEN PARKED

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

kidgraphix

February, 7, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

Vehicle was running fine when parked put fresh gas and heet(red bottle) in tank vehicle wouldnt start replaced starter, checked fuel system, battery and injectors were replaced less than 6 months. Engine will backfire or cough once in while randomly while attempting to start, distributor and rotor camshaft sensor all new within 6 months, symptoms I have noticed may or may not be related, Headlights on high beam will switch back and forth to low and high while engine idling/while turning over engine will seize and dash lights will flash speedometer needle will jump and go back down turn key off and will turn over again

February, 7, 2012 AT 11:00 PM

Scan the computer for code/s and check the fuel pressure if its within specs-start here

kidgraphix

February, 7, 2012 AT 11:26 PM

Checked fuel pressure within specs 60-65 psi everything seems to be functioning as engine will backfire and cough when trying to start.I have noticed that while cranking it will seem like compression slows the starter (brand new as of today) and it will quit cranking until the key is turned off. The engine will also roll back from the compression speedometer needle will jump to like 60mph then gradually go back down or stick til key is turned on again which it will turn over fine for 10-20 secs and it will do the same thing again. It seems as if it is electrical related but other than battery, starter(new) and alternator and (all new)distributor rotor camshaft sensor wires and plugs I dont know what to check for.

February, 8, 2012 AT 4:39 AM

Did you scan the computer for possible code/s

kidgraphix

February, 8, 2012 AT 1:01 PM

No codes as I had the battery disconnected

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe