I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME I HAVE...

1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Anonymous

November, 26, 2012 AT 6:47 AM

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me I have a 1996 chevy beretta z26 3.1L V6 the car has a intake leak behind the head and was wondering what the torque bolt specs are for upper and lower and also the the push rod specs are for retorquing I do have the book but nothing telling about this year of vehicle any help thank you very much

Push Rod Help

1 ANSWER

Push Rod

hmac300

November, 26, 2012 AT 3:23 PM

VALVE CLEARANCE (LASH) ADJUSTMENT

NOTE: This procedure has been revised due to TSB 57 61 35, dated 12/1995. See ROLLER ROCKER ARMS VS BALL & PIVOT ROCKER ARMS .

For 1996, the 3.1L V6 VIN "M" engine can be manufactured with either roller rocker arms or ball and pivot type rocker arms. DO NOT mix rocker arm types on the same engine. It will be necessary to determine
which type of rocker arm design the engine was manufactured with when servicing the cylinder head valve train components.

Roller type rocker arms are mounted to cylinder head by non adjustable pedestals and bolts. Although valve lash is not adjustable, if cylinder head has been resurfaced or valves and seats reground, rocker arm pedestals
may be shimmed to compensate.

Conventional ball and pivot type rocker arms are mounted to cylinder head using a stud and nut. Valve lash is not adjustable.

Lower intake 13Nm or 115" lbs upper 18 'lbs.

hmac300

November, 26, 2012 AT 3:24 PM

Forgot pic for intake.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars