TIRE NOISE

1996 Cadillac Deville

donald_1987

February, 25, 2011 AT 2:49 AM

I have a 96 cadillac deville and everytime I go over 46 mph I hear a thumping noise what could it be? I have check to make sure my lug nuts are all tight and that my wheel weights are there.
not sure what else to check
i also hear a whirring type of noise everytime I drive it from my front drivers side wheel. Any idea what that is my guess is the axle

cadieman

February, 25, 2011 AT 8:07 PM

Sounds like a rear hub bearing. You should have replaced both by now. Whriling could be the axle. Or in the brakes does it change when u apply brakes? Also remove the hubcap and test drive goodluck

factoryjack

March, 5, 2011 AT 3:59 AM

If the noise changes as you sway the vehicle left and right, it could be faulty hub bearings in the front, on either, or both sides.

fixitmr

March, 5, 2011 AT 5:14 AM

Continuous thump noise can you tell if it's front or back? I would suspect wheel/tire for loose or balance or bulge.

fixitmr

March, 5, 2011 AT 5:19 AM

You could have someone follow you on road and inspect wheels/tires for problems. The 1 that jumps/bounces around on smooth road whoop! Ther it is.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End