Changing gas tank one of the gas line leaks so I.

GENE1965
  • 1996 BUICK REGAL
Changing gas tank one of the gas line leaks so I put a rbber gas line to connect the two together but cant get gas line to click in line that goes to lines in tank. Can I cut the line and install a rubber hose with a clamp or is this a high pressure line. Goes from pump to line coming out of tank not gas line to gas filter.
Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 3:42 PM

You should use steel to repair this problem.
Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 3:58 PM
GENE1965
Car dealer doesn't sell line is there a simple way to repair and which line are high pressure all or just one
Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 6:08 PM
I recommend purchasing the steel line and bending it to fit. If there is an accident, fire can burn through rubber. IF it was steel to start, you should keep it the same.
Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 7:00 PM
GENE1965
Your not to familure with this 96 buick because the end that connects to rubber lines from gas tank has a rubber o ring with a plastic clip that connects into lines that come from gas tank. Can I cut steel line and connect to line coming from gas tank and hose clamp it. Is this a high pressure line.
Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 8:26 PM