BRAKE PEDDLE FEELS LIKE YOUR ARE STEPPING ON A POP CAN AT TIMES

1996 Buick Regal

Firemnted

July, 7, 2012 AT 2:00 AM

Peddle is hard for a few seconds and them goes to normal. I have checked for a vacuum leak an none!

July, 7, 2012 AT 2:03 AM

Could be a bad booster or the master may be bad. Does the car stop ok?

Firemnted

July, 7, 2012 AT 2:06 AM

The car stops o.K. It does make a strange sound when I start it in the morning sounds like a linkage binding and the peddle fades about half way but it only does this when I start it and put it in gear with in 20 seconds!

July, 7, 2012 AT 2:08 AM

You may have a master cylinder issue. I would have this checked asap to avoid loosing the brakes and putting yourself in danger

Firemnted

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:57 AM

I did a little more looking and fond a small vacuum leak and that seems to have fixed it! But now The lifters are making noise! I have 4000 Miles on the rebuilt engine I had the cam checked before I reused it and was told there is no reason to replace the lifters! The oil light does not come on so I do not believe the oil pump went. I did rebuild the pump with the engine! Any ideas?

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:28 PM

Do a manual oil pressure check to verify the actual pressure.

Used cam? New lifters? Not normally done as they are a matched set.

Lifters are a common failure in these motors. I would have replaced both if I were rebuilding the motor.

Did you do the main, rod bearings and cam bearings in your rebuild?

Firemnted

July, 8, 2012 AT 3:21 PM

I put a crank kit in it. I had the machine shop check the cam and lifters they said the cam liked like new and there was no reason to change the lifters> the block was boiled so new cam bearings. What about a stuck check valve in the oil filter I just changed It last weekend?

Firemnted

July, 8, 2012 AT 3:24 PM

This is the same 3800 I was working with you on a few months ago with the rough Idle at start up I replaced the MAF sensor because the top was cracked!

Firemnted

July, 9, 2012 AT 10:35 PM

Do you know what the oil pressure should be at Idle I got 70-75 PSI

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear