Where are the O2 Sensors located? 1996 Acura 2.5tl

DMS1008
  • 1996 ACURA TL
  • 214 MILES

My engine light has been on for a few years now. And every time I take it to autozone they say my o2 sensors are bad. I take it back every now and then just to check and make sure no other issues are there other than the o2 sensors. But now im ready to fix the problem. I need help locating the o2 sensors and replacing them. There are 2 of them. I think the tech said something like o2 sensor bank 1 and bank 2? Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

IMPALASS

You didn't specify if it was the 2.5TL or the 3.2TL so make sure you pick the correct pic.

+3
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 AT 9:35 PM
DMS1008

Its a 2.5TL. Which pictures are for which model?

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 AT 10:45 PM
IMPALASS

Here you go. Thought the vehicle was shown on the top - hope this helps

+1
Thursday, May 24th, 2012 AT 12:23 AM
DMS1008

Iv gotten some sensors and now its time to try and get them in. I can get to the second sensor with a bit of tweaking around but how in the world am I supposed to access the primary heater up near the manifold? There isnt any room to get tools in there?

Any help? I know this is a old post so im not sure if anyone will answer.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 12:12 AM
IMPALASS

Hello - I have checked the manual but there isn't any directions in there or advice. I am sorry to say - though I have changed many of these, I haven't on this vehicle. Therefore without looking at it, it would be hard to say. Also, I am not sure what tools you have that would aid in the removal. When looking at engine removal, once the vehicle was on jacks, it talked about disconnecting the O2 sensor plug. So I am not sure if you have the car jacked up, but going in from the bottom may be an option. Also, look at the inside of the fender well. You may have to remove the inside of the well to facilitate installation. I am sorry I can't provide a better answer. You may have to have this one changed by a repair shop if you can't figure it out.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 2:58 AM
DMS1008

Yea going in from the bottom is how I was going to do it. I have a o2 socket for it although ive heard a 22mm wrench also works or something like that. But it just a tight fit there isnt a way for me to get the socket and ratchet in there.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 3:44 AM
IMPALASS

You most likely can't use a standard socket - no where for the wire to go, The O2 socket has a cut out for the wire to hang out of.
The O2 sockets I have seen had a wrench end on them so instead of using the ratchet, can you get a opened end wrench on it.
Also, what about using a crows foot. Is there any component you can remove to allow better access starter? Etc

Friday, January 25th, 2013 AT 2:43 AM
FACEFACE

Where is the location of the rpm sensor. Can't find it

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 AT 7:11 AM
FACEFACE

Where is the location of the rpm sensor on a 96 acura 2.5 tl. My rpm hands jumps all over the place. Need color pictures or video if possible. Having a real hard time finding it

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 AT 7:16 AM

Other Oxygen Sensor O2 Location Questions