I THINK I MIGHT HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

1996 Acura TL

lsimpkins0610

April, 2, 2011 AT 4:27 AM

I had my car in the shop a few weeks ago to get new motor mounts, both front driveshafts, and a bunch of other stuff. Within the last week, my car has been making an awful put-put sound and the transmission is shifting hard in 1st and 2nd gear. I pulled the plugs to see if any of them are going bad, and I found that cylinder 3, 4, and 5 are filling up with oil. Does that mean it needs new piston rings, or does the entire motor need to be replaced? I also noticed that when the car shifts into 2nd, there's a clicking noise from the front left driveshaft. Does that mean something has come loose from the new ones I just got put on? By the way, my car is a '96 Acura 2.5 TL.

June, 21, 2011 AT 9:51 PM

Oil in the spark plug tubes means the plug seals under the valve cover are bad and has to be replaced. Not as serious as you thought.

As to the noise problem, you should get back to the person who did the repairs. It is not possible to diagnose noise problems without the physical vehicle.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars