I HAVE A 2.5 THAT'S RUNNING RUFF CHANGED TIMING BELT AND PLUGS

1996 Acura TL

Livingston38

October, 6, 2012 AT 9:25 PM

The car stop on me so I felt it was timing belt I was correct so I changed the timing belt, water pump and spark plugs. The car is running ruff now like it has a skip. It's a 1996 acura tl 2.5 lt. I may have the off on the cam shaft, the info I received said the cam marks are even with the, so I did this and now running ruff. Do you have any info or diagram on timing marks on this acura tl.

October, 6, 2012 AT 9:35 PM

Here are the marks. Remember to turn the crankshaft counterclockwise 2 complete turns and verify markings are correct.

Livingston38

October, 6, 2012 AT 9:41 PM

Thanks very much I will try turning the crankshaft 2 times
My cam shaft marks do not match the corners off the head does it matter if the word up, up or down
Thanks again

October, 6, 2012 AT 9:48 PM

Yes it matters and it is a must to get it in position, being a 5 cylinder engine.

Livingston38

October, 6, 2012 AT 9:55 PM

Ok thanks again

October, 6, 2012 AT 10:07 PM

You're welcome.

When installin the belt, some compendsation must be made for the camshaft sprocket as the belt is loose and when adjusted, the tension would change the camshaft and crankshaft positions so you should turn the camshaft at least 1/2 a notch counterclockwise to enable you to install the belt.

Livingston38

October, 7, 2012 AT 11:02 AM

Thanks. I think that it may have bent valve, did everything you said and it still has a bad skip or rough idle

October, 7, 2012 AT 1:44 PM

Check the valve clearances and engine compression. If any valve clearance is excessively large, you might have bent a valve. Did you turn the camshaft excessive at any one time when timing belt was off?
Were spark wires checked? Are the spark plugs gapped corectly?

Livingston38

October, 7, 2012 AT 2:16 PM

Good morning I turned the cam shaft it was a little stubborn but it did turn, changed the plugs gap them.044 the wires I haven't changed yet planning to this morning and the compression
Thanks a lot you have been very helpful

October, 7, 2012 AT 2:23 PM

You're welcome. Hope it is nothing serious.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe