MY 95 VOLVO 960 STARTS AND THEN IDLES FINE FOR ...

1995 Volvo 960

dastrong

March, 10, 2011 AT 2:39 AM

My 95 volvo 960 starts and then idles fine for 15 seconds then idle drops and almost dies then will idle fine for another 15 seconds then repeats.I have checked tps checked for any vacum leaks, noide test signal to injectors. Compression tested all cylinders checks good. IAC valve has good voltage to the IAC and I can feel IAC vibrating not sure if it is working properly. HELP

Compression Test

1 IMAGE

saturntech9

July, 8, 2012 AT 3:47 PM

I would try removing the iac and cleaning it and cleaning the port that it sits in.

evolve960

October, 4, 2012 AT 5:05 PM

Look into the fuel pressure regulator as well vacuum may be building and dropping with line pressure( easy test pull the vacuum line attached to it and take a smell if it smells like raw fuel or liquid fuel comes out its bad.)

also look at the end of the fuel rail and the fuel rail itself some can develop leaks at seams much like mine did and allow the pressure to drop in the system causing a stall condition in which the car responds too by pulling the IAC back.

saturntech9

October, 4, 2012 AT 6:18 PM

This is a really old question didnt see it was so old till I posted a reply to it. But thanks for the added input and welcome aboard our 2carpros family.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Replacing Head Gasket
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota