IS MY POLO TOO DANGEROUS TO DRIVE??

• jaywilliams
  • 1995 Volkswagen Polo

My '95 vw polo is making a horrendous screaming noise and grinding noise, its had a leaking power steering rack since iv owned it (7months) it started needing topping once a day for 2months, then it must have sealed itself as for the next few months it didnt need topping up but was still screaming now and again so I just put a little dribble in and it would be fine again but now I have top up every 3miles to stop the screaming and make it so I can steer but the grinfing noise from what sounds like coming from steering wheel? Is there permanantely. Also the rear suspension has made a knocking noise for last couple months but the last 3days its a permanant knocking, banging, squeak and a horrible creaking noise, if you just jolt the steering slightly the creaking is really bad. Do you think iv knackered the steering completely and the rear suspension? I dont really want to scrap her coz the engine an gearbox are great and the bodyworks just got a few minor scrapes on bumpers and a few c/park dings to be expected with age and mileage (117, 500). Your help would be very much appreciated. Jay.

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 AT 5:00 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

It is hard to say if it is safe not seeing it. Based on your description, I would have things checked ASAP.

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 AT 5:58 PM