RADIO CODE TO UNLOCK RADIO

1995 Volkswagen Passat

daviddlw

September, 1, 2011 AT 3:59 AM

WHAT IS MY RADIO CODE FOR MY 1995 VW PASSAT VR6 GLX RADIO #VWZ5Z7S0727442, VIN #WVWEE8EA2SE197124, and hw do I put it in?

Blaupunkt Radio Code

caradiodoc

September, 1, 2011 AT 4:26 AM

That's a big "got'cha" that was designed in by the insane engineers. From everything I've been told about Volkswagen radios, if YOU don't know the code, the dealer will be more than happy to sell you a new radio. Even they have no way to get the code. You can try asking at the dealership to verify that. If they can get a code for you, it won't be for free. Volkswagen and General Motors are two of the best companies at separating you from your money after the sale.

F4I_guy

September, 2, 2011 AT 10:14 PM

I work at VW.

Pull the radio out. Give me the SERIAL #. It'll most likely start with "VWZ."

I can access your code with that information.

caradiodoc

September, 3, 2011 AT 1:18 AM

Thank you F4I_guy. Do you work for a dealership or for the manufacturer? Any chance you can get radio service manuals for me?

F4I_guy

September, 3, 2011 AT 1:20 AM

I'm just a technician. I have access to all their online manuals, however it's only by username/password.

caradiodoc

September, 3, 2011 AT 1:29 AM

You're "just" a technician? That means you have WAY more common sense than the guys who design cars.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Open Hood Video
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic