MY DAUGHTER IS CONSIDERING BUYING A USED 1995 VW...

1995 Volkswagen Passat

Anonymous

January, 9, 2013 AT 5:38 AM

My daughter is considering buying a used 1995 VW passat wagon and the pvc hose I guess needs to be replaced to pass the visual for the smog inspection. Emissions past-but the hose needs to be replaced. How much for part and labor-ballpark?

caradiodoc

January, 9, 2013 AT 10:18 AM

We don't get involved with costs here because there's way too many variables including the engine size which you didn't list. In general PVC hoses are pretty insignificant and take only half a minute to pop on, but it's hard to say with Volkswagens. My '88 Grand Caravan uses a specially insulated hose that's readily available in any salvage yard, but new they used to be rather expensive at four bucks.

There's a reason you don't see many Volkswagens on the road. Be prepared to spend double for repairs what you'd pay for almost any other common brand, other than BMW and Jaguar.

exovcds

January, 10, 2013 AT 2:29 AM

Engine size?

Thomas

Coolant Drain and Refill
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear