CLUTCH PEDAL GOES TO THE FLOOR

1995 Volkswagen Passat

williammillhollin

August, 19, 2012 AT 12:50 AM

Clutch pedal was going to the floor, inspected release bearing and leaver because there was no resistance. Replaced the clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing. Re installed every thing still have the same problem. The release rod is all the way in and the release lever does not push on it because its all the way in the same problem as I started with?

August, 19, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

Is it a cable or hydraulic clutch pedal?

williammillhollin

August, 19, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

Cable it was replaced first.

August, 19, 2012 AT 1:01 AM

Did you adjust it properly for about an inch of freeplay?

williammillhollin

August, 19, 2012 AT 1:05 AM

Yes but it goes to the floor and stays there, the release rod that goes to the throw out bearing is in to far and the clutch release leaver is not pushed back into place so there is no presure on the clutch its like the clutch is pushed in. Thought that replacing the clutch would fix it but its the same.

August, 19, 2012 AT 1:10 AM

Is the clutch release lever snaped on to the ball stud properly?

exovcds

August, 19, 2012 AT 5:25 AM

Sounds like he has a different setup than you are thinking of.

mhpautos

August, 19, 2012 AT 6:18 AM

Is the clutch engaged or disengaged, what happens if you try and push it in gear?

williammillhollin

August, 19, 2012 AT 1:55 PM

Sorry didn't get back was trying a couple things, then distracted with dinner ect. Yes this system, has a clutch lever on the end of the trans, with a release bearing at the end of the trans, then a rod that goes down the center of the main shaft to a plate on the clutch. I figured it would be a standard stick system when I took on the job. And that after it wasn't the cable that it had a fork in the trans but it didn't. It has a rod and lever system
I going to hook every thing up and see what happens next, other than taht got to pull it6 all back out.

exovcds

August, 19, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

williammillhollin

August, 19, 2012 AT 8:16 PM

Thank you exovcds, lots of good info, found an cracked actuation finger, witch was most likely the whole problem to begin with. Will try to fix and try it.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front