STALLING, DYING WHEN SLOWING TO STOP, OR CORNER (WITH CLUTCH DEPRESSED)

1995 Volkswagen GTI

VR6 driver

August, 28, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

What would cause my 95VWGTI VR6 to idle low and then die when I push in clutch and coast to a stop. Then, it is starts up a little rough (have to give it alot of gas to keep it running after it turns over) and I then smell gas (like it flooded or somehting) will idle fine and run fine until I coast to a stop or slow down to corner again? Will sit and idle fine but dies or stalls when driving.
Thanks for all your help.

August, 28, 2012 AT 6:04 PM

Is the MIL indicating and have you checked for trouble codes?

Seems the idle control system (throttle body and IAC) needs some cleaning up if there are no trouble codes.

VR6 driver

August, 28, 2012 AT 7:15 PM

There are no "check engine" lights on. I am not driving the car due to problem and therefore cant take it to have it scanned. I will try some cleaning first. I just saw a receipt from previous owner (just got the car 2 months ago) for having the coil pack, air flow sensor and a fuel relay replaced. So must have had some fuel issues too?

August, 28, 2012 AT 7:58 PM

Yup, problem seems to be ongoing and has since not been rectified with the parts replacement.
Check for vacuum leaks between MAF and throttle.

Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement