95 THE ENGINE DIES

1995 Toyota Tacoma

mikeslongfellow

July, 20, 2011 AT 9:30 PM

My battery was loose in the housing, so I tightened it up, & it started right up, but when I release the parking brake in my 95 toyota tacoma the engine dies, & all my lights go out.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

July, 20, 2011 AT 9:38 PM

What is it doing now? Cranking over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position

mikeslongfellow

July, 21, 2011 AT 7:51 AM

It fires right up, just as long as the parking brake is on, but when the brake is released & I turn the key, I get nothing at all, not even a click

July, 21, 2011 AT 5:32 PM

Check the handbrake cable to see if it is brushing against anything causing a shorting inb the circuit.

The handbrake has nothing to do with electrials and the above is the only reason I can think of.

mikeslongfellow

July, 22, 2011 AT 12:23 AM

Thank you for your help, but the problem has been solved. The ground wire coming from the negative terminal had become disconnected. Problem solved. Thanks