95 TOYOTA TACOMA THE ENGINE DIES

• Mikeslongfellow
  • 1995 TOYOTA TACOMA

My battery was loose in the housing, so I tightened it up, & it started right up, but when I release the parking brake in my 95 toyota tacoma the engine dies, & all my lights go out.

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 9:30 PM

• Rasmataz

What is it doing now? Cranking over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 AT 9:38 PM
  • Mikeslongfellow

It fires right up, just as long as the parking brake is on, but when the brake is released & I turn the key, I get nothing at all, not even a click

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 7:51 AM
  • KHLow2008

Check the handbrake cable to see if it is brushing against anything causing a shorting inb the circuit.

The handbrake has nothing to do with electrials and the above is the only reason I can think of.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 5:32 PM
  • Mikeslongfellow

Thank you for your help, but the problem has been solved. The ground wire coming from the negative terminal had become disconnected. Problem solved. Thanks

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 12:23 AM